The Answer Last Updated: Sep 24, 2014 Views: 32
You have access to some excellent resources to help you find information on tobacco. Go to GALILEO and search each of these databases.
Opposing ViewPoints Database
- Once in this database, click on "Issues" and scroll down until you see "Smoking"
- Notice that there are over 100 "Viewpoints" articles that look at this issue from different perspectives. You also have access to articles and statistics.
Gale Virtual Reference Library
- This is a great resource for background information on your topic.
- Conduct a basic search for smoking and another basic search for tobacco
- For example, notice articles from different encyclopedias
- Encyclopedia of Drugs, Alcohols & Addictive Behavior
- Dictionary of American History
- Encyclopedia of American Industries
- Encyclopedia of Medicine
Remember that off-campus access requires GALILEO password. Contact the library or check ANGEL.
Thanks for using the library!
Gwinnett Tech is committed to meeting the Information and Communication Technology (ICT) Standards and Guidelines stated in Section 508 and the technical standards. Please report any accessibility issues to your instructor or contact Lisa Richardson at 678-226-6691 or email her at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Chat with Librarians!
Non-Library Technical Issues
Contact the Library
Monday - Thursday 8 am - 8:30 pm
Friday 8 am - 4 pm
Saturday 9 am - 1pm
Alpharetta-North Fulton Campus
Monday - Thursday 8 am - 6:30 pm
Friday 8 am - 4 pm (remote service)
Please check the Library Calendars
Lawrenceville Campus Library
Alpharetta-North Fulton Campus Library